|The painful blisters which appear on the skin and are filled with fluids are known as cold sores. They are usually formed on the nose or along the corners of the lips. As the temperature changes, these blisters get inflamed violently thus, given the title of cold sores.
- Rubbing gently or pressing the ice cubes on the cold sores results in an effective remedy. This remedy offers a number of benefits. If the ice application is done in the early stage of cold sores, the metabolism of the area which surrounds the sores is dropped down to a great degree; and its growth is further inhibited. A good idea is to apply the ice for three to eight minutes for a couple of hours. The ice reduces the size of the sores and prevents the virus from spreading.
- A natural cure for cold sores lies in rubbing tea bags, aloe vera and lemon balm on the sores in order to lessen the pain and size of it.
- The intake of coffee should be prevented because coffee is said to contain catalysts which increase the onset of cold sores. Therefore, coffee should not be consumed by patients suffering from cold sores.
- The role of vitamin C is essential in the treatment of cold sores. Take about two hundred to five hundred milligrams of vitamin C along with two hundred to five hundred milligrams of citrus bioflavonoids three times a day. This remedy is useful in reduction of cold sores.
Quick result cold sores home remedies
- Eating yogurt is also a natural cure for cold sores. Plain yogurt with added live cultures and acidophilus should be consumed as a preventive measure for sores. Yogurt treated at high temperature will not function well. It has been discovered by a research that those who include yogurt as part of their daily food, hardly catch cold sores. This is because yogurt strengthens the immune system.
- The duration of cold sores can be reduced by the use of zinc. Zinc is known for accelerating the healing process. The tablets of zinc are beneficial but a dose of fifteen milligrams or more should not be consumed without doctor’s consultation. Taking up to sixty milligrams of zinc in the first week is acceptable.
- Another natural remedy for cold sores is taking four capsules of acidophilus three to four times everyday with milk. The milk is regarded as an active medium for the growth of bacilli. This relieves the sores and fastens up the healing process.
- If soreness results in numbness then juice from the plant of aloe vera should be directly applied on the affected part. In case the patient is traveling, he must keep a bottle with him containing the gel of aloe vera. This cure is effective as long as it is the early stage of cold sores; later, it will not function.
- The indigenes of America rely on a herb known as chaparral or Larrea tridentate for the cure of viruses, burns, cold sores and arthritis.