|Mouth ulcers are open sores, which appear in the mouth. They are white or yellow in color, and are normally accompanied with a sharp pain, which is felt most when the person is eating. The pain is quite sharp when salty or spicy food passes over the ulcer. Mouth ulcers can occur wherever in the mouth – on the inner surface of the cheeks, lips, tongue, palate and at the base of the gums
Causes of mouth ulcers
1 Incorrect diet
2 Digestive problems like constipation
3 Hormonal imbalances, particularly during puberty in girls
5 Constant stress
6 Genetic factors
7 Illness of the herpes simplex virus
8 Irritation by a few chemicals, tobacco and alcoholinfections
Home Remedies for mouth ulcers
1 Crush the leaves of the Indian plum (jambula). Give off their paste in water and gargle with this water. It will give instant relief from the pains of the mouth ulcers. One of the good home remedies for mouth ulcers.
2. Gargling with the water of the adulsa (Justicia adhadota) also brings about an instant relief from the mouth ulcer pains.
3. Mix the skin of a lemon with white catechu. Grind them into a very well paste. Apply this straightly on the ulcer. The ulcer will get treated approximately immediately. This remedy is best Home Remedy for Mouth Ulcers.
4. Take two to three leaves of the guava tree and a number of catechu. Chew them together. This will heal even the most persistent of ulcers within a few days. This is also good Home Remedy for Mouth Ulcers
5. Mix some catechu in water till it gets a pasty steadiness and apply this paste on the ulcers. This is another good Home Remedy for Mouth Ulcers
6. Mix a ripened banana in curds that have been prepared from cow’s milk and eat this as a dessert.
Dietary Handling for Mouth Ulcers
Digestive troubles are the leading causes for mouth ulcers. If an oral ulcer occurs abruptly, then it could be due to excessive heat generated in the body due to consuming hot food.
1. When ulcers occur in the mouth, hot and spicy food must be stopped instantly. These will make worse the pains of the ulcers. Caffeine and tea must also be closed.
2. Consuming more green vegetables in the diet helps to be ever protected from ulcers. Greens also provide the essential fiber for the movement of bowels. This avoids constipation.
3. It is desirable to stop fatty food – especially that which contains oils – till the time the ulcers have healed.
4. Papaya is an extremely good fruit to be consumed when you have mouth ulcers. It soothes the mouth ulcers and helps in their fast recovery. Yam is also useful for mouth ulcer problems.
Herbs which are useful in the Treatment of Mouth Ulcers are:
1. Banyan (Ficus religiosa)
2. Chebulic Myrobalan (Terminalia chebula)
3. Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
4. Henna (Lawsonium alba)
5. Indian Gooseberry (Emblica officinalis)
6. Kattha (Acacia catechu)
7. Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
8. Turmeric (Curcuma longa)